Morgan Law LLC concentrates its practice in the areas of transactional real estate and business counseling throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
In matters of real estate, the firm regularly represents landlords and tenants, buyers and sellers, and includes clients who are acquiring, financing and leasing retail, office, and industrial properties. Our attorneys counsel franchisees in acquisitions, assignments, sales and terminations. Further, Morgan Law LLC represents property owners and contractors in negotiating commercial and residential construction contracts as well as clients in real estate tax appeals, condominium and easement issues.
The team at Morgan Law LLC also specializes in and provides corporate legal counseling for clients with assets in diverse businesses. We assist companies with business formation, entity governance documents, succession planning, acquisitions and buyouts, asset and entity sales, ownership interest sales, opinion letters, and commercial contracts.
- Negotiated big box leases, in-line leases, ground leases, relocation and expansion agreements, amendments, assignment and sublease consents, lien subordination agreements and termination agreements.
- Served as counsel in retail leasing transactions with national retailers, franchisors and franchisees, including an anchor department store, arts and crafts retailer, lumber company, automotive parts supplier, single price point variety store and supermarket.
- Arranged medical laboratory leases and work letters involving multi-million dollar fit-outs in research parks and science and technology incubators, including a master sublease on behalf of a joint venture partner.
- Represented municipal, state and federal governmental entities in office lease negotiations.
- Negotiated settlements involving the following disputed issues: CAM charges, co-tenancy, environmental remediation responsibility, exclusive uses, relocation obligations, mold and water intrusion damages and surrender condition.
- Negotiated property management agreements and commission agreements.
- Negotiated office and retail leases and subleases.
- Arranged ground and in-line leases for fast food franchisee.
- Assigned billboard and day care center leases in connection with asset sales.
- Negotiated settlements involving the following disputed issues: landlord’s work, mold, water intrusion and flood damages, maintenance, repair and replacement and surrender obligations.
FOR BUYERS & SELLERS
- Purchase of 42,000 SF retail shopping center in Philadelphia, PA.
- Land purchases in Runnemede, NJ and National Park, NJ for retail development projects.
- Sale of 20,000 SF multi-tenant medical office building in Voorhees, NJ.
- Purchase of 31,000 SF community corrections center in Harrisburg, PA.
- Purchases and sales of multi-tenant industrial and warehouse buildings in Pennsauken, NJ.
- Purchase of 62,000 SF multi-tenant medical office building in Camp Hill, PA.
- Sale of 155 acre farm in Washington Township, NJ for solar farm development.
- Purchase of 49,000 SF flex building in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Purchase of 40,000 SF warehouse and distribution building in West Berlin, NJ.
- Sales of multiple retail and warehousing properties in PA and NJ.
- Represented clients in business asset transactions within the following industries:
o Restaurants: Franchised dessert stores, franchised and independent restaurants.
o Retail and Services: Furniture and other distribution businesses; commercial laundry; payroll; accounting; commercial printing; fire protection; flooring retail and wholesale; carwash; fitness center; hotel/motel; home improvement stores; liquor stores; packing and shipping.
o Healthcare: Mental health services.
o Manufacturing: Pickle manufacturer; truck parts; chemical additives.
- Represented limited liability companies, limited partnerships and corporations in business formation.
- Assisted companies with entity governance documents, including operating agreements, limited partnership agreements, shareholders agreements and by-laws.
- Negotiated terms for company acquisitions and buyouts.